Loksatta Party demands “Right to Services” Act in Tamil Nadu! One day Fast on Nov 15!
Wednesday, November 12th, 2014 @ 5:04PM
Loksatta Party has been fighting for the enactment of Right to Services Act which will radically change the delivery of public services to citizens in the state. We have been running from pillar to post for the past several years and organized various meetings, submitted memorandums, gathered public opinion, traveled the length and breadth of the state with no avail.
To make our voice heard, Loksatta Party will undertake a fast.
Prominent citizens of our state, Mr.S.M.Arasu of Anti-Corruption Movement , Mr.Devendra Oza -former Vice Chancellor of the Gandhigram Rural University, Mr.Siva Elango – President, Satta Panchayat Iyakkam, Mr.Narayanan – Paadam Magazine, Mr.Natraj – Lokpal Federation and many others will be joining the fast.
National President of Loksatta Party Surendra Srivastava will be jonining the fast in solidarity.
- Govt services for which there are well defined Citizen Charters must be kept in display for the common public in all Govt offices.
- Govt services for which there is no Citizen Charters must be made mandatory gradually.
- Time frames defined in Citizen Charters must be followed.
- The public services which are to be granted as a right under the legislation are generally notified separately through Gazette Notification.
- To raise grievances in delay in services, appellate authorities should be appointed.
- Grievances raised should be redressed within defined time frames and common public should be given compensation for the service delay.
- Rewards for better performing public officials and authorities.
- Services Delivery to be convergent with Electronic Services Delivery (EDS)
- We demand Right to Services Act which conforms all the above and which is implemented in 16 states should be implemented in Tamilnadu as well.
FB Event Page : https://www.facebook.com/events/263593720431515/