Invitation: Tiruppur Hunger strike demanding Right To Services act in Tamil Nadu
Monday, December 8th, 2014 @ 8:30AM
Loksatta Party has been fighting for the enactment of Right to Services Act which will radically change the delivery of public services to citizens in the state. We have been running from pillar to post for the past several years and organized various meetings, submitted memorandums, gathered public opinion, traveled the length and breadth of the state with no avail. We organized a hunger strike in Chennai and planned to continue it across the state.
To make our voice heard, Loksatta Party will undertake a hunger strike.
Date: 8-Dec-2014 (Monday). from 10 AM to 5 PM
Venue: In front of Tiruppur Railway station, Tiruppur.
State President of Loksatta Party Mr. Palani Kumar will be joining the hunger strike in solidarity.
- Govt services for which there are well defined Citizen Charters must be kept in display for the common public in all Govt offices.
- Govt services for which there is no Citizen Charters must be made mandatory gradually.
- Time frames defined in Citizen Charters must be followed.
- The public services which are to be granted as a right under the legislation are generally notified separately through Gazette Notification.
- To raise grievances in delay in services, appellate authorities should be appointed.
- Grievances raised should be redressed within defined time frames and common public should be given compensation for the service delay.
- Rewards for better performing public officials and authorities.
- Services Delivery to be convergent with Electronic Services Delivery (EDS).
- We demand Right to Services Act which conforms all the above and which is implemented in 16 states should be implemented in Tamil Nadu as well.
We cordially invite Media and socially concerned citizens for this hunger strike to support a good cause.